Apple pies with meat
Meat-filled patties with a light apple flavor. Dough based on homemade mayonnaise. This mayonnaise has no harmful additives and gives the pastry a crumbly texture. The pastry stays soft and fresh for a long time. This recipe was published on Kulinar.
Ingredients for apple pies with meat:
- Wheat Flour / Flour (Sifted + some for sprinkles) - 2-3 glass
- Mayonnaise (homemade, for dough) - 200-250 g
- Apple (for dough - 1pc; for stuffing - 1pc) - 2 units
- Vodka (in the dough) - 1-2 tablespoon
- Yeast (dry, 1 kg of flour) - 2/3 pack.
- Sugar (in mayonnaise - 0.5 tablespoon; in batter - 1-2 tbsp.l. ) - 1.5-2.5 tablespoon
- Salt (1/4 tsp.l., 1/4 tsp.l.filling - to taste) - 3/4 teaspoon
- Meat (I have equal parts pork, beef, turkey, but you can have any) - 600-800 g
- Onions (for stuffing) - 1 pc
- Chicken egg (in mayonnaise - 1 pc; in stuffing - 1 pc; for greasing - 1 pc) - 3 units
- vegetable oil (in mayonnaise) - 200 g
- Vinegar (I have white wine vinegar, but any mayonnaise is fine) - 1 tablespoon
- Mustard (in mayonnaise) - 1/2 teaspoon
How to cook apple pies with meat step by step with photos
Begin with mayonnaise. Pour oil into the bowl of an immersion blender, add one egg, vinegar, salt and sugar, and mustard. Run the blender on high speed (I have turbo mode) and whip until smooth. If you don't have a blender, or are too lazy to work with it, you can use a commercial mayonnaise (if you are not afraid of harmful additives and their heat treatment).
Let's move on to the filling. Cut the meat into large chunks, just enough to fit through the meat grinder. Peel onion and fry in a little vegetable oil until golden. Peel and core an apple, cut into slices and add to onion. Braise for one or two minutes, add meat, pour water so that the meat was covered, salt and braise under a lid over low heat for about 40 minutes. Shred the hard-boiled egg finely. Mince the meat through a meat grinder, add the egg and meat broth all or as much as it will take meat.
Now we make the dough. Dissolve yeast in warm water and let it rise. Sift the flour. Add salt and sugar to two cups of flour. Grate peeled apples and mix with flour.
Add vodka and mayonnaise, pour in yeast, stir, add more flour if necessary. The dough should be soft and pliable, not sticky to your hands. If it's still sticky, add a little bit of vegetable oil until it stops. Cover the dough with a towel and let it rise. It may take from half an hour to two hours, it all depends on the yeast. Knead the dough and let it rise one more time.
The dough is divided into three or four parts, twist each part into a sausage, cut into circles and roll out on a board lightly dusted with flour. Put stuffing in the center of the circle.
Form the patties. Place on a baking tray covered with oiled baking paper and brush with egg. Put the tray in an oven heated to 180-200 degrees and bake until ready to serve (about 25-30 minutes). Readiness can be judged by the degree of browning and the match stick. Use your oven as a guide. Enjoy!.
Here they are!
And this is the cut.